"As mothers, runners, and teachers, we fear it could have been us. Our hearts break for her family, her students, and her community. We feel things we don’t know how to express and we cry for someone who we have never met. We desperately wish she did not suffer and we hope that she found peace in her final moments. The human connection often feels deepest during tragedy. These past three weeks this connection has been alive, pulsing, and powerful." (Beth Risdon, SUAR, via Other Voices)
A Virtual Run for Sherry will take place Saturday, February 11 at 9:00 MST.
- Print out a running bib (at SUAR) and pin it to your shirt
- Gather your friends, your running club members, your families
- If it’s wet where you are, “laminate” your bib with postage tape and punch holes in it
- If that time doesn’t work, go when you can GO.
- Run as far and as long as you want.
- Walk, hike, cycle, rollerblade if you don’t want to or can’t run.
- Please share this on your blogs, Facebooks and Twitters
- Keep it simple. Just run with Sherry on your minds and hearts.